Sunday, October 5, 2008

a little out of the odd-dinary

as i have predicted before raya, or specifically the month before Syawal, or October, or during ramadhan or last september, this year's raya wasn't that fun.

the reason?

probably because the time to celebrate raya seems quite shorter and shorter, and maybe its because raya is getting more, and more closer to the month of June. it is the middle of the year and you're celebrating raya... its just kinda not so right. i mean its fine if you're a working class citizens, but if you're a student, any type either school, colleges or even university... it is never fun maybe its because in the middle of the year, you dont get that much of vacations from school, or any institutions. and by not so correct calculations, the date when raya is going to be celebrated at the end of the year is, quite posibly in the year 2018, or somewhere close to there... and by that time, i'll either be dead, or i might have a family, or i might still be living with my parent's house with or without them, or i might be in a hospital somewhere getting open-heart surgery... but in any way i won't be a student in that year....

so anyway, here are the things that i've done durin raya... and if i haven't been to any of my friends house i'm very typically sorry, its either the time was tight, or i was at your house and you weren't home... seriously...

i didn't have that much time at home, the only time i was home was probably at night or the first day of raya(my family had an open house)most of the time was actually spent visiting others..

like the second day, i went to my mom's family.. which included her uncles and aunts and grand-uncles and aunts and to me, they are all my "NENEK"... i just call them that.. and this year the visit ended kinda early because my mom couldn't go no more because of her high blood pressure, and she was sleepy, it was only 7.10 pm..... i dont know whats up with that... and on the plus side i did get to see one my favourite uncle, or to be more specific my dad's cousin.. my father calls him Ghani, i might have to call him Uncle Ghani.. or maybe it was Pak Ghani...well the reason he's one of my favourite is because when he talks about Islam, i somtimes can relate to what he is saying, like how there is a secret war between the different schools in Islam about how to perform your daily prayers, when in the Quran it is stated you must perform the Solat(daily prayers) and the Hadith shows you how to perform it(as Rasullullah wanted us to perform as he did during the prayers) . and to not be terorize by some menacing comments after some have read this, i will not go on...but you catch my drift.....

and finally on the third day of Raya, my time to o visitin with my friends(T-man, Nazwan, Zakey, Pdos, Ridwan, and Kobad(Pdos's friend)and rahman) it was planned to be a about 9 pm, but instead it was pushed forward to11.00 pm. ow and the time shift was caused by waking up late, and long showers.. so we finally did get started, the first house was ridwan's(for me and nazwan) and the second house was Zakey's(first for the others) the third house was Zila's, and then since it was already noon and it was fridays, we had to go perform the Friday's prayer.. we chose to go to masjid Jamek, which was bad idea if you're in a hurry.. the traffic was really-really really really really bad... my car got covered by some ass who drives a Perodua VIVA. but other than that it was fine afterwards.. we went to romy's house to send Zakey over.. and we ate some really yummy things there. and after we went to my cousin's house, OPIE..we had to go there, my mother pressured me to go, and we did. which was agood thing, since we haven;t had lunch. they prepared a delicious meal of steam chicken rice, and daging masak hitam. all of us ate there. so we did...then after... we went over to someone's house i couldnt remember the name... but it was sure fun. then we went over to our BRO's house, brother Fairuz, our substitute teacher who we can really relate to and now maybe he;s like a friend.. and over at his house we found some of his sister's friend over too at the same time as us.. and we had to hold off the fliritng for a while since its raya.. so we behave.. and one thing that brother fairuz advised us all was, never commit to a relationship, have as many friends as you can, and when your ready then you settle down.. this is however is quite similar to my code or also known as the Bro code(which i learned from 'how i met you're mother') which is never marry until youre 30..and the details are quite the same...so afterwards we went to the spring to go kill time, and browse for books, and ice cream.... and later we went searching for Ezza's house which we couldn't find and then to dedek's house... and lastly i went home...quite tiring but i didn't come home late, it was only about 9 something...a nd when i came home, Nek Abu came just after me.so i had to wake up my mother and such ... my brother came home late maybe 11 and my other borther even later than me maybe about 1.00 am... and next morning i woke up and still got the scolding for going home late... i dont know why but it so happens that its my fate....

so the journey ended there... not really the fourth day, yesterday, went to more of my mom's relatives' house and more house... finally came home where nobody was.. both my brother;s wasn;t home... so i was forced to do labour again... when people show up... and when i asked to borrow the car to go to my friends open house my mom told me i cannot go... she said i had enouh fun yesterday... what am i an SPM student?.. so i never went out since yesterday, and still trapped here...i can't wait till i turn 18 next year, maybe then she'll treat me like an adult...

tomorrow is when class will start again, it will be a hard morning to wake up to, but i have to, because i have to... then again most of my assignments are done and i really cant wait to go to Cats FM this thursday, or wednesday...really i cant.....

"you are the epitome of my every being, the essence of my everything, the love of my life..."
heard it or read it from somewhere...

No comments: